Founder and President, Richard Schultz has been providing investment advisory services to individuals and families for over 20 years. Richard's credentials include:
- A roster of more than 60 clients with $65+ million in assets under management (as of 2016)
- Certified Financial Planner designation from the CFP Board
- A member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (“NAPFA”), an exclusive association of fee-only financial planners (2001)
- A member of the National Association of Active Investment Managers (“NAAIM”), an association of active investment managers (2011)
- Series 7 securities license from Financial Industry Regulatory Authority ("FINRA")
- Schultz Financial Management is listed as a 5 star advisor in the Paladin Registry, and approved MD Preferred Services™ provider to medical doctors.
Richard obtained a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Moorhead State University, Minnesota in 1981 and moved to Southern California where he worked as a software engineer, designing application software for aerospace and medical diagnostic instruments.
After several years of successfully managing his own investment portfolios, Richard realized he'd found his passion.
In 1990, he enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner Educational Program, obtained a Series 7 securities license, and began working as a registered representative for an independent brokerage firm. After several years, Richard earned his Certified Financial Planner™ designation and launched Schultz Financial Management, an independent fee-based financial planning practice in 1995.