"We intend to capture the returns available in stocks and bonds during favorable market conditions, while effectively mitigating risk during volatile market conditions in order to preserve gains."
Schultz Financial Management's portfolio management strategy relies on Active Portfolio Management.
Rather than following an "index" approach that employs mutual funds or exchange traded funds (ETFs) as the primary investment vehicle, Schultz Financial conducts all of its investment research in-house, and relies on its own expertise and experience to make investment decisions for our clients.
In other words, we are fully accountable to our clients for the investment decisions we make.
Outlined below are some of the ways we strive to enhance performance and reduce investment risk through Active Portfolio Management:
- Avoid Poor Performing Assets – We actively reduce portfolio risk during bear markets, so its not necessary to keep low-yield investments in our clients’ portfolios.
- Don’t Over-Diversify – Unlike most mutual funds and ETFs, we focus on adding value through stock selection, holding only 20 stocks or so per investment strategy.
- Limit Losses During Down Trends – Our tactical investment strategies are designed to systematically sell securities and raise cash levels to reduce market exposure during market declines.
- Profit From Volatility – If appropriate, we may include investment strategies in a portfolio that take advantage of market volatility in order to boost profits in bull-and-bear markets.
- Tax Smart – For taxable accounts, we manage strategies that are tax efficient, but actively reduce risk during bear markets.
- Cost Effective – Since we are true money managers, Schultz Financial eliminates a layer of fees associated with mutual funds, ETFs, or third party money managers.
Contact us for more information on how Schultz Financial Management creates investment portfolio solutions tailored to each individual need.